Wednesday 8 September 2010

My first blog post...here I type!

Hello to all my new followers! First of all I would just like to say thank you for following, I hope you'll remain loyal followers and that you enjoy my blogs- and that this one doesn't put you off! I would also like to give a shout out to Natalie Fahey at Missguided for encouraging me to create my own blog, I never imagined I would.

As the little 'about me' section on your right tells you, my blogs will mainly focus around fashion and just life in general. I'm quite the dreamer; I think it's important to value life for all it is and all it has to offer: time, comfort, beauty, love- and little luxuries that appear every so often :)

While I keep up with the latest trends, I don't necessarily follow them all. Take brogues, for instance- I'm quite petite (5'1" to be precise) so I rarely wear flats. In any case, I believe that you have to have a certain sense of style to pull them off. I'm usually a grunge-kinda girl, as comfort is very important to me. Fashion is one of the best ways to assert your individuality so I believe you should always stay true to yourself instead of always copying everybody else's style.

Having said that, I do gather inspiration from friends and family, people on the streets, magazines, movies, even characters from books! But I would never wear clogs and maxi dresses, simply because they're just not me. I do find maxi dresses absolutely stunning and flattering though!

Anyway, I may be rambling (I tend to do that!) but my first post was just supposed to be an introduction to prepare you for what's to come i.e. lots more rambling! haha I'll probably be blogging about various products from time-to-time (whether it's a beautiful compact mirror or a new lamp shade!) if I have a lot to say on the subject so it won't always be fashion-based. I'll most likely blog about my travels when I get the chance to travel to someplace new.

For now, I'll leave you with a wonderful SATC quote:

"In matters of love, do actions really speak louder than words?"

Ciao for now my lovelies xx

-

No comments:

Post a Comment