Wednesday 8 September 2010

Just Jackets

So I thought I'd blog about the juiciest jackets around since I realise we're not all coat people. There's a massive range of jackets available these days flaunting numerous designs ranging from luscious lace and radiant ruffles to nice 'n' nautical and mighty military- take your pick!

So here's a few selection (from price low to high) that you may want to add to your wardrobe. I find they all stand out as being either bold, brave or simply cute but they all have one thing in common- they're all on trend. So if you wish to steal catwalk style then look no forward than these stores. You'll notice I'm very much a high-street girl and will rarely splash out on clothes or bags or shoes- no delightful designer goodies for me until I'm on the career path!

New Look Lace Bomber Jacket £19.99


Debenhams.com [redherring] Black Military Style Jacket £24 (on sale)


Boohoo.com Sian Tassle Satin Jacket £25

Republic.co.uk Miso Nautical Jacket £26.99


ASOS [A|Wear] Polka Dot Ruffle Jacket £30


Missguided.co.uk Kesha Military Jacket in Navy £32.99

Topshop Peacock Print Kimono £45

Topshop Chiffon Crop Jacket £75

www.missguided.co.uk offer 10% student discount if you have an NUS Extra card and a further 10% welcome discount when you create an account with them. They also tend to offer free p&p on occasions so it's worth joining their Facebook page to keep up-to-date!

I also think it's worth joining the Republic.co.uk Facebook page as they usually hold weekly competitions to win a fab item! As do New Look including their 'Bagstravaganza' and the current 'Heels of Fortune'. Boohoo do the occasional competition but when they do, it's good!

A little birdie tells me that bulldog clips are used in the fashion industry during photo shoots at either side of the back seam to make it appear figure hugging around the waist and bust line. If you want to achieve the same effect (minus the clips!), then why not have the jacket decreased around the back seam- it isn't costly and really does make a difference. Pop into your nearest tailor!


I thought I would take the opportunity to mention the blog of a friend- she mentioned mine so I thought I'd return the favour. Check her out at http://wonderlandkate.tumblr.com/ :) You'll notice she's a big Disney and Katy Perry fan!

"Is timing everything...?"

Sweet dreams lovely ladies!
-

No comments:

Post a Comment